Return to pingbot
M. SCOTT GARTNER
Contact e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Silverback Learning Solutions, Boise, ID (telecommute) 2012-present
SENIOR DEVELOPER -ARCHITECT
- Designed and implemented web sites, AJAX web services (REST and JSON), and Single Sign-on using ASP.net 4.6, MVC, RAZOR using C#, LINQ, and SQL.
- Designed and developed several custom tools used internally for data manipulation (ETL) and database management.
- Web Application design (UI from concept/mockup to implementation, database schemas, and support libraries).
- Managed AWS cloud services including ELB, EC2, S3, ElastiCache, SQS, and SNS.
- Acted as mentor to several developers.
Harding Marketing Communications, Inc., San Jose, California (telecommute) 2005 – 2012
- Designed and implemented web sites, web services using ASP.net 1.1 and 2.0 ( C# ) , and PHP.
- Created animations in Flash and mixed mode localized applications (flash coupled with web services ).
- Used Content Management Systems (CMS) (Ektron CMS400, Alfresco, and Joomla!) to build web sites.
- Designed database schemas for SQL Server, mySQL , and XML Schemas for applications and Web Services.
Hewlett Packard Company, Boise, Idaho 1997 – 2005
- Designed and implemented a complete framework for web application and localized web services development in Java.
- Interfaced with many different groups on multiple continents to organize integration of applications and databases.
- Designed and built web apps, web services, and database schemas with 99% availability.
- Wrote a cross platform web server (in C and C++), and an extendable script interpreter.
H&W Computer Systems, Boise, Idaho - 1993 – 1997
PROGRAMMER / Windows and web-based e-mail Client/Server. Trained staff in C++ and Win32 programming.
Clear Access Corporation, Fairfield, Iowa - 1991 – 1993
PROGRAMMER / Wrote an SQL parser. Device drivers in C++ for various database API’s (Windows & OS/7).
42 Degrees Design - 1983 - present
OWNER / Consulting/Development Company – Photography, web site development, consulting, and utilities.
Peabody Coal Company, Flagstaff, Arizona - 1982 - 1986
PROGRAMMER / Wrote engineering models on IBM mainframe and IBM PC in FORTRAN, PL/I, and REXX.
Maharishi International University / 1989 – 1991 – Computer Science Curriculum/Spanish Language Minor
Northern Arizona University / 1982 – 1985 – Computer Science Curriculum
For recreation I sing, cook, camp, and ride motorcycles. I also enjoy creating computer animation and photo realistic scenes. I am a published photographer (landscapes) and do large panoramas (120-580+ megapixel images).
Spoken Languages :
- English (native)
- Spanish (near-fluency, conversational)
Languages (in order of usage, recent first):
- C# (C-sharp) 2-5
- PowerShell 3-4
- Python 3
- C/C++ (98)
- PHP 4-5.5
- Java 1-6
- ActionScript 2/3
- DBase III
- FORTRAN (IV & 77)
- Turbo Pascal
- 80x86 Assembler
- IDL (XML, MS, and CORBA)
- ASP.net 2.0-4.6
- MVC 3-5
- Web API (REST, SOAP)
- OpenID Connect (OAuth2)
- Amazon AWS (S3, EC2, VPC, …)
- Kendo (asp.net AJAX and Client UI)
- Adobe Photoshop (CS3-CC)
- Adobe Premiere Pro (5.0-CC
- Adobe Audition CC (Cool Edit Pro)
- Adobe After Effects (CS3-CC)
- Adobe Flash (CS3-CS5)
- Carrara 8 Pro
- SQL Server
- Oracle 8i & 9i
- Vegas Platinum 8
- Adobe Encore CS5
- CorelDraw X3
- Corel Photo-Paint X3
- Adobe DreamWeaver (CS3-CC
- Ektron CMS400 7-8
- Alfresco Joomla!
- IIS 5.1-7
- Bryce 5
- BEA WebLogic Server 7 & 8
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Ant
- Apache Cocoon
- Cruise Control (Continuous Integration)
- Windows 3.1-10
- Android 3
- Mac: MPW & Think C+, Mac System 6-7
- Unix: (Solaris, HP-UX, and others)
- MS/DR/PC-DOS (2-7.x)
- IBM VM/CMS & TSO
- Patent Number: 6438590 Preferential Naming Service
- Patent Number: 20020124047 Interactive remote monitoring of client page render times
- Patent Number: 10006416 Peripheral management interfaces